BIONET is a leading manufacturer of laboratory, pilot and industrial equipment and software for the bioprocessing industry, as well as a provider of advanced bioprocess-related services for companies that want to produce biomolecules through microbial fermentation or through cell culturing processes.
This way, our clients are industries and R&D organizations which work with bioprocesses all across the globe. We work with them directly by offering state of the art technology, with a practical approach and tailored to the particular needs of the project and company. We also count with a number of distributors that help us be present globally, providing solutions efficiently and with high quality standards.
We are an independent company, founded in 1999, dedicated with passion and professionalism to bioprocess engineering and with a vast number of clients and references.
As a designer and manufacturer of equipment we provide Bioreactors/Fermenters, Tangential Filtration, other auxiliary equipment (e.g. Cleaning In Place Systems) and automation software solutions. For industrial clients we provide complete bioproduction plants, in which we integrate our proprietary equipment with technologies from other leading vendors (e.g. centrifuges, homogenizers, etc), and provide unique centralized automation solutions for all these technologies to work jointly.
As a provider of services we support our clients all the way through the technology- election, qualification, operation and maintenance activities through a pilot plant for the performance of proof-of-concept trials and the availability of specialists in the optimization of downstream processes and in the operation and maintenance of laboratory and industrial plants.
How we understand our work and the relationship with our clients.
To help our clients to reach their R&D, productivity and profitability goals of their bioprocesses by addressing their needs with our equipment and engineering services.
To be the European leader of equipment and engineering services for the bio-based industries and the industrialization of bioprocesses.
Bionet’s human team works under a culture of excellence, embodied in three basic principles:
- Technology and Innovation: we seek continuous improvement of our products and services to deliver the best solutions in the market in two aspects technical capacity and profitability results.
- Commitment to the customer: our success is the success of the project as a whole (technology, economics and social). We do this by contributing to the R&D and/or production objectives. are flexible and adapt in each case to the availability and capabilities of the customer.
- Details that matter: in order to meet the client needs in such dynamic sector as the biotechnology one, being excellent becomes a must. With this objective in mind the work developed at Bionet is focused in the improvement of our solutions even in the smallest of the details, which at the end makes a difference.
In BIONET, quality is part of our core culture and we work under a certified quality management system, based on ISO 9001:2015, certified by AENOR.
Our work methodology throughout the projects’ lifecycle (conceptual design, detail design, construction, commissioning and start-up) meets the engineering standards by the strictest sectors.
We execute our work by applying GMPs methodologies, in a full documented engineering environment, according to the following diagram:
On demand, the design and qualification may be executed according to GMPc standards in which we can qualify the equipment with DQ, IQ, and OQ.
At BIONET, innovation is a central axis in all departments. We employ great effort and resources towards research and development for both the development of our products and services, and also jointly with other companies and projects for the development of new production processes within the bio- arenas.
Our R&D expertise in technology apply to the following:
- Bioreactors’ and fermenters’ mechanical details, aiming at more beautiful, easier and cleaner equipment designs.
- Integration of in-situ Process Analytical Technologies within our software solutions for the complete automation of bioprocesses.
- Filtration and separation processes on bioproducts.
- Continuous processes through the combination of bioreactors and downstream membranes.
Our capacities in R&D are oriented to:
- The design and construction of pilot plants, prototypes and demo equipment.
- Process development and process demonstration activities.
- Conceptual engineering and economic models for bioprocess scale-up.
Likewise, we are part of international R&D institutions and organizations, such as
Examples of funded R&D projects in which we are involved include:
Our activity at BIONET is based on knowledge and talent. Hence we seek this talent in women and men with a vocation for engineering and technology, an ambition to learn and improve as well as interest in joining a diverse and highly professional team.