What are the common characteristics that microbial bioreactors share in its core design:
The high demand for oxygen by many microorganisms is the cause of the long geometry of the bioreactor vessels. With a vessel aspect ratio (H:D) close between 1.6:1 and 2:1 at the working volume, this gives the gas bubbles a longer residence time in the liquid to enhance the oxygen transfer
This is maintained across the entire Bionet’s laboratory, pilot and industrial bioreactors, which improves the performance of scale-up activities.
f0/f1 bioreactor vessel
f2 bioreactor vessel
f3/fs bioreactor vessel
In microbiology applications the bioreactor conditions that commonly have an impact on the strain’s metabolic pathway undertaken, the productivity and the product quality are pH, dissolved oxygen (DO), temperature and foam generation.
Bionet’s microbial bioreactors include the instrumentation and actuators required for the measurement and control of these parameters by default.
Moreover, these models allow for an expansion of its functionalities via the integration of optional instrumentation and actuators to the BCU (Bioreactor Control Unit) in a Plug&Play manner.
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO)
- Foam presence / Level
- Agitation(0-2000 rpm; Rushton impellers)
- 3 peristaltic pumps (acid, base and antifoam)
- 2 gas lines (for O2 and air by default)
- Water circuit
The Microbial Bioreactors can work with ROSITA or MARTA, depending on the bioreactor model.
Both Softwares relate the information from the sensors and the actuators functioning to allow for the following features:
- Real-time visualization
- Data registration
- Remote control
What additional functionalities can be of interest in
microbial appications, and what technologies
does Bionet provide for these?
- bBreathThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out O2/CO2 composition analysis of your bioreactor exhaust gas (i.e. metabolic predictions) and get the maximum of this data to enhance the quality and productivity of your process.
- bVSPThe Variable Speed Pump is the Plug&Play module you need to carry out substrate additions (i.e. for Fed-batch and semi-continuous processes) or withdrawal/harvesting actions according to a number of feeding/bleeding profiles.
- bCPMThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out different continuous strategies for an increase in your bioprocess productivity.
- Flexible Gas ModuleThis is the software module you need to be able to select other gas than air and O2, required for anaerobic processes or to use CO2 as an acidifying agent for pH control.
- bScaleThe bScale is the Plug&Play module that you need for the connection of scales, from a range of scale precisions and brands used in lab and production settings.
- Other Add-OnsThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out O2/CO2 composition analysis of your bioreactor exhaust gas (i.e. metabolic predictions) and get the maximum of this data to enhance the quality and productivity.
- Upstream ServicesWe reduce the "time-to-market" of new bioproducts thanks to our expertise to provide a holistic bioprocess solution. We do this by accompanying our equipment with a range of process services that help clientes to take crucial decisions and support them all the way through the selection and operation of the technologies, and the acquisition of the scientific knowledge necessary to enhance the potential of the process. This includes Upstream Proof-of-Concept Trials, Upstream Optimization Services, Bioprocess Scale-Up, Installation and training and Fermentation Courses.
- GET MORE INFO →