What are the characteristics of Bionet’s Single Use vessels?
Instead of culture vessels made from stainless steel or glass, a single-use bioreactor is equipped with a disposable vessel, that comes pre-assembled with all accessories and gamma irradiated, leaving it aseptic and ready to use.
Bionet´s SU vessel has comparable functionality to conventional glass bioreactors. It combines the predictability and control capacity of a stirred tank design with the flexibility of single-use, allowing connection with any F0 Plug&Play additional modules.
Flexibility of these systems is further increased as control happens from the same BCU as stainless steel vessels, which means that the SU vessels are completely interchangeable with the Bionet glass vessels.
Single use vessel
The SU vessel has been designed for cell culture applications. The DO is provided continuously via aeration mechanisms, which consists of the supply of oxygen via both the open pipe sparger, microsparger and overlay. CO2 can be selected as an acid agent for pH control.
The mixing of this oxygen for its transfer to the media is achieved using marine blade impellers due to cell shear sensitivity. The impellers are built in with the vessel together with other accessories. The stirrer is connected to a driver mechanically.
The single use vessels include all ports, valves and accessories built in and sterile, including up to 6 fluid addition lines for different types of additions, filter for gas in- and outlets, and a specific harvest line and sampling port.
Bionet’s SU bioreactors include the instrumentation and actuators required for the measurement and control of these parameters by default and allows the integration of additional instrumentation and actuators to the BCU (Bioreactor Control Unit) in a Plug&Play manner.
- Dissolved Oxygen (DO)
- Agitation(Marine impellers)
- 3 peristaltic pumps (acid, base and antifoam)
- Flexible Gas Module
- Heating blanket
The Single Use vessels can be integrated with ROSITA or MARTA, depending on the bioreactor model.
Both Softwares relate the information from the sensors and the actuators functioning to allow for the following features:
- Real-time visualization
- Data registration
- Remote control
What additional functionalities can be of interest in single use appications, and what technologies does Bionet provide for these?
- bBreathThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out O2/CO2 composition analysis of your bioreactor exhaust gas (i.e. metabolic predictions) and get the maximum of this data to enhance the quality and productivity of your process.
- bVSPThe Variable Speed Pump is the Plug&Play module you need to carry out substrate additions (i.e. for Fed-batch and semi-continuous processes) or withdrawal/harvesting actions according to a number of feeding/bleeding profiles.
- bCPMThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out different continuous strategies for an increase in your bioprocess productivity.
- Flexible Gas ModuleThis is the software module you need to be able to select other gas than air and O2, required for anaerobic processes or to use CO2 as an acidifying agent for pH control.
- bScaleThe bScale is the Plug&Play module that you need for the connection of scales, from a range of scale precisions and brands used in lab and production settings.
- Other Add-OnsThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out O2/CO2 composition analysis of your bioreactor exhaust gas (i.e. metabolic predictions) and get the maximum of this data to enhance the quality and productivity.
- Upstream ServicesWe reduce the "time-to-market" of new bioproducts thanks to our expertise to provide a holistic bioprocess solution. We do this by accompanying our equipment with a range of process services that help clientes to take crucial decisions and support them all the way through the selection and operation of the technologies, and the acquisition of the scientific knowledge necessary to enhance the potential of the process. This includes Upstream Proof-of-Concept Trials, Upstream Optimization Services, Bioprocess Scale-Up, Installation and training and Fermentation Courses.
- GET MORE INFO →