MARTA provides an upgrade to conventional industrial bioprocess automatization and control, with an adaptable software package, enabling precise replicability and optimization, as well as a workflow that supports Scale Up to efficient production.
Its design is:
Scalable, as the workflow and control strategies come directly from ROSITA and enable easy scaling to pilot and industrial scale and simple transition for operators
Robust and reliable, being developed on SIEMENS WINCC platform to guarantee advanced functions, and long term maintenance
Customizable, enabling simple and automatic integration of additional equipment and Plug&Play modules, with their specific control strategies
Advanced process control and automation possibilities
MARTA provides exactly the required level and complexity of control and automatization, leaving it up to the client to define the degree of manual and automatic control, by enabling a wide range of alternatives to configure your control strategies.
The operator can select for each parameter from strategies, such as direct control, Set-Point profiling, automatic control through control loops, as well as specific time-based control strategies.
Real-time visualization tools for a clear and intuitive performance analysis
For reliable scaling, optimization and efficient production, MARTA provides numerous tools for real-time monitorization and performance analysis of the specific batch.
These tools include summary tables, adjustable trend and comparative graphs, performance comparative analysis by allowing the plotting of different batches and calculation of process parameters.
MARTA allows for a range of process strategies with a modular design
MARTA upgrades automatically its interface and functionalities upon the connection of local CIP, additional instrumentation or bSmart Modules and PATs, integrating their specific control strategies and feedback loops into MARTA’s visualization, control and data registration tools.
The bioprocess data flow is facilitated in MARTA by simple data registration and exportation.
Batch performance data is exported in CSV format, including all parameters of interest in pilot, optimization, scale up and production tasks, allowing thus appropriate data analysis and reliable batch traceability,
Remote access facilitates monitorisation 24/7 and process control anytime and anywhere
MARTA is designed to be accessible both on-site and remotely. As the mobility of the operator is not limited by the monitorization tasks, unnecessary check ups are avoided and the operation efficiency is greatly improved.
Personal profiles to facilitate operation of processes in a team
Users can be created, protected with a password and assigned a user level with the corresponding operational permits. This is very useful, when numerous team members are involved in the operation of one equipment.
A full ecosystem of tools
within a single design environment.
- bBreathThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out O2/CO2 composition analysis of your bioreactor exhaust gas (i.e. metabolic predictions) and get the maximum of this data to enhance the quality and productivity of your process.
- bVSPThe Variable Speed Pump is the Plug&Play module you need to carry out substrate additions (i.e. for Fed-batch and semi-continuous processes) or withdrawal/harvesting actions according to a number of feeding/bleeding profiles.
- bCPMThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out different continuous strategies for an increase in your bioprocess productivity.
- Flexible Gas ModuleThis is the software module you need to be able to select other gas than air and O2, required for anaerobic processes or to use CO2 as an acidifying agent for pH control.
- bScaleThe bScale is the Plug&Play module that you need for the connection of scales, from a range of scale precisions and brands used in lab and production settings.
- GET MORE INFO →
Get more info