Sized for both laboratory and industrial environments, this standardized SIP bioreactor with professional design and construction and a range of configuration options, is the workhorse to bring bioprocesses up into industrial environments.
Its design is based on:
- Ergonomic integration of utilities in the same side and an easy-to-clean frame design, avoiding dust-accumulating surfaces
- Scalable to industrial production scale thanks to the profile function of the MARTA software
- Customizable process control and functions with spare signals, adaptable software and a range of advanced Add-Ons.
Robust stainless steel vessels in different volumes
The vessels are available in 15 and 30 liter versions for microbial processes, with ports on the lid, side and bottom.
The frame size provides an ideal solution for scale up, as both versions fit in a laboratory and industrial environment.
An easy-to-clean lid providing a variety of port configurations
The lid design offers a wide range of possibilities for operation, the number of ports providing functional versatility for material and information exchanges. Easy cleaning, handling and maintenance are enabled by a crane to lift the lid.
A powerful and flexible top agitation module with easy maintenance
A precise motor to serve both volumes and top agitation to allow flexibility in agitation geometry. A wide range of rpm and different turbines available, such as Rushton, Marine and tailor-made, to adjust to the different needs. For control see MARTA.
An expandable and flexible pump configuration with a range of pump capacities
The addition module includes 3 peristaltic fixed speed pumps, for linear and repeatable flow to enable reliable scaling.
Optional additional pumps with variable speed are available, allowing for Batch, Fed-Batch or Continuous Processes. Moreover, adjustments of these additions can be done via the integration of bSweight control capabilities.
A precise gas module with flexible control for easy scaling
The standard F2 unit includes Air supply with rotameter, through sparger and overlay supply and with advanced control through feedback loops.
Flexibility is provided by different available additional gas lines with their feedback loops. MARTA enables advanced control.
A high capacity integrated temperature control with simple utilities management
Temperature control includes a jacket, which creates the heat exchange interface with the contents of the bioreactor. An unique feature is the large extension than the jacketed area covers.
A combination of a primary and a seconday circuit ensure the good maintenance of the vesssel. There is a heat exchanger between these, to enables automatic heating and cooling through the circulation of hot water if the electrical resistance is active or the cold water from a cold water tank to the jacket.
Advanced control and analysis with high quality sensors
The F2 comes with sensors, such as pH, DO, temperature and level, as well as a range of other available additional sensors. These enable reliable measurements, monitorization, data analysis and advanced control strategies.
Reliable condenser and pressure control for exhaust gas line
Shell and tube condenser, as well as manual needle and solenoid valves included in exhaust gas in order to control pressure and moisture.
Automatic pressure control, exhaust gas filtering or heater can be included as optional Add-Ons. For control see MARTA.
Re-sterilizable sampling valve to facilitate rapid and sterile sampling during operation
The sampling valve of the F2 equipment allows for multiple sampling during process, including a manual steam valve and steam condensate outlet with steam trap. The valve is re-sterilizable.
Easy-to-use Sterilization in Place (SIP) to facilitate operation
The F2 is available in two alternative sterilization versions: standard and autonomous, the autonomous being available as an optional Add-On.
A small steam generator is included for the sterilization of the transfer, addition, harvest and sampling lines.
Includes a touch PC attached to the BCU and a license of MARTA software
MARTA has been developed on SIEMENS WINCC platform to guarantee advanced control, visualization and registry of data of the specific process, with the option of upgrading automation functions with additional modules. For more information see MARTA.
Can be designed, built and qualified under GMP guidelines
Our GMP approach is structured so that design, construction and control can be adapted to your specific project and regulatory needs to allow the validation of your processes from standard to GMP.
Frame with wheels to facilitate mobility
The F2 bioreactor fits in through a standard doors and can be located in either a lab or industrial environment. The wheels in the frame further facilitate th euse of this bioreactor as a multipurpose bioreactor in lab or industrial context.
Possibilities for future expansion – Plug&Play
The presence of accessible spare signals and wired connectors allows for future integration of additional instrumentation and actuators, and Bionet’s bSmart Modules in a Plug&Play fashion.
A full ecosystem of tools
within a single design environment.
- bBreathThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out O2/CO2 composition analysis of your bioreactor exhaust gas (i.e. metabolic predictions) and get the maximum of this data to enhance the quality and productivity of your process.
- bVSPThe Variable Speed Pump is the Plug&Play module you need to carry out substrate additions (i.e. for Fed-batch and semi-continuous processes) or withdrawal/harvesting actions according to a number of feeding/bleeding profiles.
- bCPMThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out different continuous strategies for an increase in your bioprocess productivity.
- Flexible Gas ModuleThis is the software module you need to be able to select other gas than air and O2, required for anaerobic processes or to use CO2 as an acidifying agent for pH control.
- bScaleThe bScale is the Plug&Play module that you need for the connection of scales, from a range of scale precisions and brands used in lab and production settings.
- Other Add-OnsThe Plug&Play module you need to carry out O2/CO2 composition analysis of your bioreactor exhaust gas (i.e. metabolic predictions) and get the maximum of this data to enhance the quality and productivity.
- Upstream ServicesWe reduce the "time-to-market" of new bioproducts thanks to our expertise to provide a holistic bioprocess solution. We do this by accompanying our equipment with a range of process services that help clientes to take crucial decisions and support them all the way through the selection and operation of the technologies, and the acquisition of the scientific knowledge necessary to enhance the potential of the process. This includes Upstream Proof-of-Concept Trials, Upstream Optimization Services, Bioprocess Scale-Up, Installation and training and Fermentation Courses.
- Clean in PlaceBIONET offers a fully integrated CIP system all in the same frame, with no extra-footprint, with a premium recirculating pump, using the dossing pumps for acid and base additions and the pH probe for control. The CIP can be done withour external devicen and controlled with the MARTA software, in which the CIP Module allows for programming of cleaning cycles in recipes. This recipes can be created and saved to allow for standardization of cleaning and productivity.
- Advanced Gas ModuleThe Advanced Gas Module, for automatic mixing of up to 5 gases and their inlet via both sparger and overlay is always included in the Cell Culture models. Strategies to operate this control in MARTA include Direct gas and Total gas flow, as well as DO cascade mode, recipe-based control or pH control loop. Registration […]
- Integrated Sterilization in PlaceHigh capacity resistance and ancillary steam generation unit for self-sterilising operation without external steam supply. Primary circuit of temperature control modifications and integration of sterilisation function in SW are included.
- GET MORE INFO →